Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Scrambled Egg

I used to love scrambled egg. My ex-boyfriend taught me to make my first scrambled egg: lots of Parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
Somewhere along the way I turned to omelet; I figured they are essentially the same since I put milk to omelet, too. Also, it's easier to handle and doesn't require as much attention as scrambled egg. So this is my first scrambled egg in a long time. It kind of rekindled my love for scrambled egg again because Adrian thinks it's great.

The key to good scrambled egg comes with heat control; the lower the heat and the more constant the stirring movement, the creamier the end product. You also want to remove it from heat when the egg is just slightly undercooked. If this technique is followed, the eggs should be moist in texture with a creamy consistency. If any liquid is seeping from the eggs, this is a sign of under cooking or adding overcooked high-moisture vegetables.

Ingredients
4 eggs
4 Tablespoons cream (for use of other liquid, such as milk, it should be 2 tablespoon of liquid to one egg)
Goat cheese, shaved
Sun dried tomato, chopped
1 Tablespoon of herbed olive oil that the sun dried tomatoes are soaked with (or butter)
Fresh thyme and tarragon, chopped
salt and black pepper to taste
  1. Beat eggs, cream, and salt and pepper together.
  2. Fold in sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
  3. Heat olive oil over high heat. Stir in the egg mixture. Quickly turn the heat to low when egg coagulate. Stir the egg mixture frequently to form small and soft curds.
  4. Remove from heat while the egg is still slightly undercooked. The egg will continue to cook and set.
  5. Sprinkle with fresh herbs to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment