Friday, June 19, 2009

Curried Cauliflower and 2-Lentils Stew

After all those works from last night, I felt like taking a short break from the kitchen. I woke up brain dead; not knowing what to do for breakfast. Fortunately Adrian had the idea of going over to Oriental Hotel for breakfast by the river. It is our favorite breakfast place - celebration only - with good selection of wholesome morning treats except the pastry. I love their extended selection of cereals and fresh fruits.
My brain remained semi-comatose into the afternoon and it just didn't feel right to have anything fancy after last night and this morning. And so I settled on just one dish. One that I have ingredients ready on hand - Curried Cauliflower and 2-lentils Stew - a modified version of the Curried Cauliflower and Chickpea Stew. You know your cooking is getting better when you are able to make good adaptation.

Ingredients:
(makes 2 large serving)
1/2 a head of cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size
1 medium size potato, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
70oz fire-roasted tomato with green chile (I used Amy's organic roasted tomato with chilli, and added cayenne pepper)
1/3 of a can (225oz) of chickpea, drained and dry (I cooked red and green lentils)
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (I also added cumin, ground coriander and cayenne pepper)
8 oz coconut milk
salt to taste
3 tablespoon of cilantro (I used chopped parsley and basil)
  1. Sautee oinion till soft. Add potatoes and spices. Stir to coat.
  2. Add tomato, cauliflower, chickpeas and coconut milk. Bring it to boil. Turn the heat to low let it simmers for another 20 minutes. Adjust with seasoning if needed.
  3. Sprinkle herbs over.
*You can serve it over Basmati or Jasmine rice, which I didn't. I served with 1/2 a diced avocado instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment