Friday, June 19, 2009

Berry Lemon Ricotta "Bear"


I bought a Teddy Bear mold that is just insanely cute I had to use it no matter what or how. And so instead of using muffin tray (which I don't have anyway), I quartered this Cherry Lemon Ricotta Muffin into a Berry Lemon Ricotta "Bear". This recipe is a real keeper. It's moist enough with the right touch of lemon zest. I wish I had made more than just one Bear.

Ingredients:

(makes 12 muffins)

1 cup ricotta
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk (1 tablespoon lemon juice+1 cup milk)
1 tbsp vanilla,
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled (I used coconut oil in 1/2 the volume of butter)
2 cups all-purpose flour (whole wheat for me)
¾ cup sugar (I used a mix of natural cane sugar and unbleached white sugar)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 ½ cup blueberries, strawberries or cherries (I used frozen raspberries)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with paper cups or spray with oil.

In a medium bowl, whisk cheese, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add buttermilk, vanilla, lemon juice and butter and mix well. Set it aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and lemon zest. Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture and gently stir until just combined. Fold in the berries.

Bake for 25 minute or until golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment