Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Banana Pancake with Sour Cream and Strawberry Jam

So I have this extra batter from the deadly Banana Pancake with Coconut Syrup Peanut Butter. Although the coconut syrup peanut butter was a real kick, my experimental nature doesn't allow me to settle for just one topping. This morning, I chose to add to one of the banana pancakes a Sour Cream with Strawberry Jam topping. And just in case I regretted it, the other pancake was served with the same Coconut Syrup Peanut Butter. I even preached Adrian on the beauty of sharing (he got the PB topping). But oh boy! Just as soon as I tasted my plate with the strawberry jam, I unconsciously moved my pancake away from his cutlery.

I put to the pancake sliced fresh strawberry and chocolate chips. Instead of using walnuts, I used chopped pecan that I roasted before hand. Now, what topping should I make for the one last batter I have?

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of sour cream (lemon juice + cream)
2 tablespoon of home made strawberry jam

I whipped up the strawberry jam over the weekend. I still insist that home made is much much much better than commercial's. The only disadvantage is it get moldy very easily. But hey! That's what real food is all about, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment