Monday, September 21, 2009

Maple Sour Cream Walnut Muffin: Revisited


I hardly ever repeat the same recipe - I like to attribute it to my fondness for varieties. So many good recipes, so little time! There were exceptions:
  1. Adrian requests for it.
  2. My lack of motivation for net surfing.
And now this: Pee Wee. She's been a huge fan to my cooking and so it's impossible to say no to her. Besides, she's revisiting Bangkok as the newly crowned Little Mrs B. Congratulation =)



I basically followed the recipe as before. Except I used buttermilk plus sour cream, and mixture of maple syrup and agave nectar. Purely because I was short of each. Also, I dropped the topping randomly onto each batter instead of trying to smoothing it into one even layer. I like how the batter folded and molded around the crumbly topping as it baked; it makes the muffins look more textured.

I maintain this is a good muffin recipe. It shares the throne with Chocolate Zucchini Muffin with Peanut Butter Topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment