Sunday, September 27, 2009

Grilled Peaches with Ricotta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction


Remember what I was saying about peaches are meant to be eaten fresh? I eat my own words. It's just so tempting to cook with peaches! Well, if I may defend myself, at least this is a grilling recipe....

I have been using the top rack of the kitchen oven as broiler AND grill. To make things right for this recipe, I bought a grill rack. I figured if people can place it over barbecue pit, it must be ok to place it over kitchen stove. You bet I'm gonna be grilling a lot from now! At least until I get bored.

I wanted something sweet to compliment the Veggie Chickpea Burger and Citrus Beet and Feta Salad, but nothing overwhelming. This grilled peach topped with fresh ricotta cheese and a drizzling of a balsamic reduction, is not only fresh but also healthy. It promises to leave you feeling spoiled and wanting more. I especially like the balsamic reduction. I wonder what more I can do with it....

By the way, this recipe also won me the "Best Presentation to date" award.

Ingredients:

2 ripe peaches, halved with pits removed

1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese

1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon natural cane sugar

4 sprigs of mint

  1. When the grill is nice and hot, grill each half peach for 4-5 minutes per side. Placed peaches on a plate with cut side facing up. Place a dollop of fresh ricotta cheese in the center of each peach half.
  2. Cook vinegar with cane sugar on medium heat until it is reduced by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Drizzle over grilled peach half.
  3. Garnish with a sprig of mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment