Friday, March 19, 2010

Blueberry Lemon Shortcake

I came home last night and set out to prepare this recipe that I was tasting in my imagination since afternoon. I had high expectation for this - fresh blueberry maple jam and mascarpone sandwiched in a lemony butter shortcake. YUM~ Took me a mere 15 minutes to turn the fresh blueberries into bottled jam.


The 99BHT blueberries from Central Chitlom Tops Supermarket. Heat it with some maple syrup and lemon juice for fresh jam.

I assigned Adrian for the dough making task. I don't want to point finger, I am not blaming anyone.... BUT.... Look....


Hmmm...... suspicious looking but smell very good. The last thing I said to Adrian before I fell asleep "I smell cake". I suspect he overworked the butter. Or maybe something went wrong with the measurement. The dough didn't hold up. I expected two burger bun looking things that I could slice into halves. Now I had just two flat disks.

Good news is they were super delicious. Mint leaves were a superb compliment. I'm making this again just so I can present them proper. Until then, I'm stashing the recipe aside.


"Oh, you rescued them!" said the culprit, "They look so pretty now." Grrrr.....

No comments:

Post a Comment