Sunday, May 31, 2009

Breakfast Salad that could be put on dinner table, too

The original recipe calls for cubed cucumber, diced red bell pepper, and halved cherry tomatoes tossed together in olive oil vinaigrette dressing. I decided to use whatever there was in the refrigerator instead: diced green bell pepper, cubed beef tomatoes, parsley, chopped green beans, and frozen corn kernels.
Instead of serving over shredded lettuces, I served it over arugula leaves, sun dried tomatoes and topped with pine nuts. I over cooked the egg - instead of soft boiled (that would give a beautifully oozing yellow yolk), I got hard boiled eggs. Sprinkle with some crumbled goat cheese and you are ready to serve.
It's a delicious way to bring more vegetables to breakfast table. I bet it could just as well be served on dinner table, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment