Sunday, November 15, 2009

Corn Polenta and Broccoli Cheddar Bake


This recipe is the synergy of Cheesy Cheddar Corn Polenta and Twice Baked Potato with Broccoli and Cheddar. It didn't take me much time to whip it up since I was using leftover polenta from the Cheesy Cheddar Corn Polenta.

I started with broiling the polenta. As it broiled, I cooked the broccoli as I did with Twice Baked Potato with Broccoli and Cheddar. To make this more breakfast-sy I added an extra step:
  • In a separate bowl, lightly beat one egg with one 1 tablespoon of buttermilk (lemon juice + milk). Fold cooked broccoli over egg mixture.


Once the polenta top turned golden in color, I sprinkled it with chopped basil leaves. This was followed by broccoli-egg mixture and grated cheddar cheese. I also added chopped fresh thyme and rosemary, and grated Parmesan over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment